What’s the Liebster Award? I’ll be completely honest, I had never heard of it until the lovely Thumbelina nominated me, so thank you so much!
From my understanding, the Liebster Award is an award exclusively for bloggers, which seems to have started in 2011, but it lets bloggers promote other bloggers, which is a lovely idea. The blogging community is probably one of stronger communities online so having awards like this to bring more of us together, can only be a wonderful thing.
The rules according to Thumbelina are:
- Answer the questions that you have been given by the person who nominated you.
- Share eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to eleven bloggers of your choice and set them eleven questions to answer.
First up, it’s question time!
1. What is your favourite quote and by whom?
I don’t have a favourite quote (yet). I wish I did, I’m constantly looking and analysing quotes and seeing how they fit with my life at this particular moment and I really love that. I don’t have a quote in mind that I could share right now, but potential blog post maybe?
2. What is your favourite foundation?
I have to say, NARS Sheer Glow. Yes, I’m one of those people and I didn’t want to spend that much money on a foundation but it’s worth it. It’s gorgeous! I don’t have it away with me at the minute but it’s one of the best foundations I’ve ever tried.
3. Who inspires you?
Myself. I don’t know what you would call that really. I don’t think I’m the greatest person in the world, I don’t think I’m the best at anything, I’m not in the greatest shape of my life yet and I have made mistakes. That doesn’t mean I’m not a good person, it doesn’t mean that I don’t try my best and it doesn’t mean that I don’t deserve to be better. I strive to be better every single day and I can’t sit here and say those past mistakes and past thoughts don’t come back and try to get the better of me, they do, but it’s just your attitude towards them that show you what type of person you really are. So I would say I inspire myself because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t want to be the best version of me.
4. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I’m definitely a night owl but I wish I was a early bird!
5. If you could spend a whole day in a different decade, what decade would you choose?
I hate to be boring but it would have to be the 90’s. The Spice Girls, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, not caring about what I looked like; such simpler times.
6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is easy. Bean chilli. It’s a recipe from Deliciously Ella’s first cookbook, and my boyfriend and I cook this at least once a week. It’s fast, easy, filling, and most importantly, because we make it ourselves, we know EXACTLY what goes into it rather than store bought chilli.
7. Where do you see yourself in fifty years?
I’d like to be married, with kids and grand kids, retired, and just living a happy healthy life. Nothing too fancy.
8. What would you do today if you knew you couldn’t fail?
I would run a full marathon at a good, steady pace.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I have always said invisibility no matter how many times I get asked this but based off the last question, maybe I would change my mind to being able to pick up a new skill really fast.
10. Would you rather always be a little too hot or a little too cold?
I always ask people this question! For me, I’d rather be a little too cold. I hate being cold but it’s easier to warm up than cold down.
11. What is your favourite song at the minute?
My boyfriend asked me this a few days ago actually. I don’t have a favourite one and when I do, it changes constantly. Right now, I can’t get “Words Don’t Come So Easily” by Lower Than Atlantis, out of my head so I’d say that’s a favourite right now.
And now here’s eleven random facts about me:
- I have four ear piercings and one nose piercing.
- I’m a vegetarian and I’ve been officially been since 1st March 2016.
- I tried to make French toast once and it turned out horribly, I haven’t tried since because I can’t stand to see it happen again.
- I have a horrible memory, I really do.
- I have resting bitch face. It’s not fun.
- I don’t drink any alcohol. Not one single drop.
- I don’t even drink any fizzy drinks. Just water, tea and fruit juice for me.
- I’m really really really proud of my handwriting.
- I just went to Finland and Russia with my wonderful and lovely boyfriend.
- I usually get about five hours of sleep a night.
- I’m obsessed with raw vegan cheesecake.
My nominations are:
Whitney: Frost from Fire
Sara: Simply Sara
Alicia: Alicia Jade
Katy: Lexi Life
Amie: The Curvaceous Vegan
Steph: Hello Steph
Rachel: Rachel Rambling On
Sian: The Tattooed Princess
Amy: Pale Aspiration
And finally, here’s the questions I want to see answered.
1. What are your views on minimalism?
2. What is your favourite LUSH product?
3. Do “fresh starts” or “new day, new me” exist?
4. What’s your ultimate breakfast?
5. What do you think of veganism?
6. Do you have a bucket list? Name five things on that list!
7. Do you workout? Tell me about your workout routine.
8. What was your last proud moment?
9. What’s your favourite drink?
10. How do you make yourself upbeat on a work dayr?
11. How do you make your home “a home”?
I hope you enjoyed!